Hooray! 2020 is over and 2021 is looking better for finding and changing job. Here are the signs and how to use this information in your job search.
- Microsoft is forecasting a 5X increase in “technology-oriented” jobs by 2025. From 41 million in 2020 to 190 million in 2025. They are also launching a global skills initiative. Source: Microsoft
- 2020 had the highest amount of Venture Capital investment over the last 10 years: $156.2 billion in the United States. This will be spent over the next couple of years. Source: Pitchbook. My own research show over 270 companies each received +$30M in the last quarter of 2020. That is $26 billion since October 1st. Source: Crunchbase
- 90% of private companies surveyed by Pitchbook said they would be hiring in 2021. Source: Pitchbook
- 11 Bay Area companies raised over $800M in late 2020. Source: SF Business Journal
- Biden’s administration is signaling rebuilding of government agencies and investments in infrastructure, pandemic relief and fighting global warming.
- Less Stress with Fewer Daily News Shockwaves
The previous president’s passion for stoking controversy with incessant tweets and the general anxiety about the pandemic made it hard to focus on long-term projects. With the new administration’s approach to communication and priority on vaccine rollout, now it could be easier to focus on advancing career and job search goals.
- Follow the Money – Identify Organizations That Are Hiring
Read business news for funding signals. With significant Venture Capital and federal government investments there will be more hiring. Jump on the news before the jobs are posted and NETWORK!
- Target Private Product Companies for Stable Employment
Product-centric companies includes a wide range of industries: Bio-tech, Material Science, Medical Devices, FinTech, Cloud Services, Software, IoT (Internet of Things), Artificial Intelligence, Transportation, Digital Healthcare, Aerospace, etc.
Those companies with recent, substantial VC funding ($30M+) can be more stable than public companies. Public companies hiring plans can be impacted by quarterly financial reporting and stock market changes. I can help you identify the stable private companies.
If you are looking for a career change, contact me and learn how my services can make your search faster and less stressful.
Founder & Career Coach: KickStart Career
Former Corporate Recruiter